Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1

So my first week was a little rough. I'm not disciplined at all, especially at night to keep this going. However, it is my lenten promise to keep this going (fingers crossed)


Ash Wednesday it is supposed to be a day of repentance and atonement. Today was not like that at all for me. I did feel guilty for not going to Community Worship today, but I have been sick and didn't want to spread my germs. Having been cooped up in my apartment for the last 3 days with the flu today was my first day back in the world. Coming back to the world meant seeing my friends. I have a few friends who are struggling right now and there is nothing I want more than to help them through this. God has placed people in our lives for a reason. I have had some friends for 20 years and some for only a few months and they all have had a profound impact on my life. 


I went into today wondering how strong I was going to be, I didn't know if I could make it a whole day. I haven't left my bed since Saturday. But as I return to my bed for the night I realize that not only was I strong enough to make it through the day but I'm reassured that I helped other people get through the day too. I have been so blessed by the people who call me their friend that it can be overwhelming. What I find even more amazing is that many of these people I don't think of as friends, but as sisters and brothers. So for today, I have seen God in the people that have been placed in my life because through them I see God. 

No comments: