Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 3

After all of the anxiety yesterday, today turned out ok. Things work out in the end. Some results were good and some were great. Tonight everyone will sleep better and our plans will continue. I saw God in all of these results, through the excitement and ease, and even the worry. God was there. I was kind of expecting today to be like this. Overjoy for about 10 minutes, then we resume our lives. 


When I really saw God was in a goody box I got from my parents. I was never the kid in college who got a box full of junk from home to share with the floor. It's just not who we are. So when I got sick this week my parents said they were going to send me something to make me feel better. My dad asked what kind of cookies I wanted, and I told him. So I was expecting a box of cookies, maybe a card with $20 or something. Instead I got a box full of my favorite junk food. No homemade cookies but goldfish, potato sticks, gummy bears, store made puppy chow, iced animal cookies, and Valentine's Day chocolates. I also got packing tape and a mini thing of deodorant for no apparent reason. (Dad must have been let loose at the dollar store or something) This is where I see God. I don't need words of encouragement from my parents, or 'I love you' at the end of a phone call. A box of junk food is all the support I need. 


As grown up as I think I am, I called both my parents everyday when I was sick. I am 28 years old and I still want my parents to take care of me when I'm sick. It makes me laugh. In the middle of a crazy semester where I'm behind more than I'm ahead I get fuel for the journey. I've gotten affirmation and junk food, that should get me through the next two weeks. God has blessed me with a family that loves me and supports me, even though they evidently think I need deodorant. 

No comments: