Sunday, February 12, 2012

I've decided to try something different, blogging. I have no idea if I will be able to keep up with it or not, but I think it will be a good way for me to share my thoughts with the world.  I have been inspired to start this blog because I have an urge to focus on the positive things in my life and not the negative. It started with a question, "Where is God in my life?" I have been blessed in many ways and I often don't get a chance to express how blessed I am. In a world that begs to see God daily and where violence and oppression often hide the acts of God, I want to start locally, and where I see God. As I am developing my own spiritual disciplines, I want to focus on how God is acting in my life every day. Where do I see God? How is God acting in my life? 


My response and goal is to post daily about where I see God and how I have felt blessed that day. The Spirit is with us, but we often over look it. My aim is to pay attention, and I hope you follow me on this journey. 


Today I saw God in the reminder that while we lost a great artist, Whitney Houston, last night, we lose thousands of people everyday to drugs and addiction. I hope that our thoughts and prayers are not only for a family reeling from grief, but also all those families who lose a piece of a loved one every time they get high or drunk. The world is much bigger than celebrity and fame.  

No comments: