Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to our regularly scheduled program

I made some drastic changes today. I donated 10' of hair to locks of love and I died my hair honey blonde. I figured if I was going to make a change, I would go big. It was a great experience and I truly enjoy the freedom to do whatever I want with my hair without repercussions. It only makes me aware of the restrictions that other women around the world face and I am grateful to live in a society that values my freedom of expression.


I was walking around the city today too and I saw God in the early spring weather. Spring brings out people form their winter cocoons. The streets were filled with people out and about for no obvious reason. Today was no different than any other day, but because it was 65 degrees people were outside enjoying the weather. I enjoy God's creation, as crazy as it may be (like it being 70 in March) and I am glad that I can be out in it again. Spring brightens people's moods and creates a general sense of well-being. When it first gets warm the city comes to life and people become more vibrant and noticeable. Not only is God present in creation, but in the opportunity for new springs. A new chance at life after a dead cold winter. Perhaps that's also part of the reason for my drastic change. It's time for new birth, new life, a springtime. 

No comments: