Friday, November 9, 2012

Prayers?!?!?!?!?!

 So here's the deal, my supervisor at my field site doesn't think I pray enough (which is probably true). So as her assignment for me, and because I am essentially at her mercy, she has told me to write a prayer for each day. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or super special, but a prayer for each day. 

Since I think best while typing (let's be honest, who writes things down anymore?) I thought these prayer would be best kept through a blog. I may explain some of my prayers, I may not, but my hope is that my life and daily thought processes will be revealed through my prayers. So here's todays


Omniscient God, Eternal Parent to us all,
I pray for all who have children. 
Loving a child can be difficult,
they are not hard to love,
but loving them is a true sacrifice of self.

Be with all of those who struggle with their children,
whether they are atheists, addicts or just agitating
be with those who love them.
I ask that those with children be given wisdom,
knowledge, strength, and an open heart and mind.

Loving God, release their anxiety
 and help them trust in you.
Allow their children to learn safely,
pressing boundaries without destroying lives. 
We leave our children in your hands O God.

Amen 



No comments: